Monday, February 23, 2015




I found this Essay to be very interesting because I too was born dyslexic. I learned in kindergarten that I was dyslexic while we were making Apple Cider in class, it was my turn to stir the pot and a piece of apple peel that was accidentally left on one of the apples popped into my eye. I was taken to the hospital and it was cleaned and I had to wear a patch on my eye for several weeks. Once the patch came off I had to go to a special class to rehab my eye. This is when they learned that I was dyslexic.

I had the opportunity at a very young age to learn how to read with this debilitation. Actually it turned out not to be a debilitation at all because I learned how to read and write as a dyslexic rather than as a normal reading child. Today I do not even notice that I have dyslexia, rarely, I will stumble when I write or read, but only when I am in a hurry.


His story was very inspirational, I like that he not only learned to deal with his dyslexia, but also how to apply the skills he learned into other useful skills that ultimately helped him with his problem solving skills. I don’t often envy or wish I was someone else, but I do wish that I would have acquired this skill myself. I am horrible at problem solving and my brain tries to shut down when I engage in problem solving equations in my math class.

No comments:

Post a Comment